Procedure for handling Speed Post complaints

(A) Domestic Speed Post Complaints

(1) Lodging of complaints The complaint regarding Speed Post article can be lodged by the sender in the form of a letter addressed to the incharge of the Speed Post Booking Centre or the Speed Post Concentration Centre (SPCC). SPCCs are the nodal offices which shall be responsible for entertaining all complaints relating to domestic as well as international Speed Post (EMS) complaints and giving a reply to the complaint, including issue of sanction for refund of Speed Post fee wherever warranted.

(2) Complaints can also be lodged over telephone by the complainant. In either case facts of the Complaint shall be recorded in a proforma to facilitate initiation of inquiries.

(a) Speed Post complaint can also be lodged in the post office from where the article was booked and will be forwarded by concerned postmaster to the concerned speed post centre through the speed post bag if a bag is being sent, otherwise it may be sent by registered post.

(b) Speed post complaint can also be lodged by e-mail to the concerned speed post centre.

(3) The complaint shall be acknowledged by the in charge of the SPCC. However in exceptional cases, wherever SPCC is not the nodal office for disposal of SP complaints all the prescribed action will be taken by the head of the office nominated to dispose off SP complaints.

(4) In order to facilitate lodging of SP complaints designation of the incharge of the unit, full
postal address and telephone number should be prominently displayed at all Speed Post Booking Centres with suitable write up in brief.

For online lodging of complaints and status update through website (Go to home page and click on Customer Care link, select option Complaint Registration for lodging complaint and select option Track your Complaint Status for knowing the position of the case.).  Register your complaint in the Post Office where transaction has taken place and get acknowledgement. click here for speed post tracking.